Monday 23 January 2017

NOW, WHERE DOES THIS RIVER BEGIN?

Wouldn't that be a nice project to do?  Imagine walking alongside a river and saying to yourself "I wonder where this river begins?" and then setting off to find the 'source'.  Very famous books have been written about people searching for the 'source' of rivers.  One that comes to my mind is a search for the source of the River Nile in Egypt.  I'm not sure if the source of the River Nile is actually in Egypt because if you start following a river, say, in Egypt you might find yourself travelling into other countries where there is still a trickle of water.  I can just imagine Freya on an expedition like that, binoculars around her neck, pith helmet on her head, good boots and exploring clothes on, taking notes as she goes.  

Well, Papa has gone to get some wood from the hardware store.  After we took down the curtains in the library in preparation for the painters tomorrow, I noticed that there weren't any architraves around the window.  The window has just been set into the wall with no wooden surround.  The wooden surround around the windows is called and architrave.

So like the good Papa he is, he said "Rightyo Connie!  I'll get that fixed today."  I'll take a photograph of him working when he gets back.

Today the weather is much better and the sky is blue, blue, blue!  Unfortunately, we're back into fairly hot weather again tomorrow and for the next few days, so the painters will really feel it, especially when they are working on the ceilings as hot air rises.  But we've got the air-conditioner if things get too bad and they don't mind me shutting the doors - although thinking about the fumes from the paint they may not want that.

Because of the preparations for the painters coming tomorrow, I think we may have to cancel our wee picnic out to Allora to see the sunflowers.  Perhaps next week. This week seems to be turning out to be quite a busy one.  Today is getting organized for the painters, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is being here for the painters and Friday I have my first monthly get-together for the year with Robyn.  

I'm so looking forward to getting back into the routine after Christmas.  I've decided I'm going to get cracking on my Hebridean quilt on Friday.  I have plenty 'quilting' to do on the Christmas quilt and the Provence Star quilt but no real 'handwork' and there's plenty of handwork on the Hebridean quilt.

I received an email from Auntie Margaret and Uncle Louis to say that the baby quilt arrived safely.  I hope they take a photograph of Allison and Bryan opening the package.  

Well I shall away and have some breakfast.  It was so lovely speaking to you both last night.  I hope you both have a wonderful week at school.

Love Nanxxxx  PS  I'm attaching a link from a blog I like to read.  This lady who lives in England went in search of where the river that she lives near begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...