Wednesday 1 February 2017

HAMLET, QUILTING AND HANGING PICTURES

Hello my darlings!

Well I'm coming to the end of a lovely day. 

I decided not to walk this morning and instead had a lovely lie-in and browsed through my IPad while Papa took Molly for a walk.

Finally put my feet on the floor and got the day going.  Papa had his first U3A this morning.  They are doing some Shakespeare.  This term the group are studying Hamlet.  Not the cheeriest of plays but Papa seemed to enjoy it.  One of the tutors he had in a previous class - Greek plays was there.  This man is not only a lecturer on Greek plays but also acts and produces them.  Today in class Papa said that this man took the part of Hamlet and was fantastic.  I can just imagine all those oldies in the class reading Shakespeare, some perhaps for the first time, and then someone with this man's experience comes in and just blows them away.  I'm not sure though, how the man himself copes with the others!

Kerrie Jessop one of my quilting ladies picked me up for quilting at Kerrie Klan's.  It was the first for the year at KK's and we all had a lovely time greeting each other with "Happy New Year!"  We all had a lovely day, nattering away and catching up with the happenings over the Christmas break in our respective families.

I remembered to take my camera!


Here's Robyn having some of the delicious slice Kerrie J made.


Quilt top of a beautiful quilt that Val made over the holiday period.  That's Val holding the end up.  This quilt is just gorgeous.  It is all made in strips and, as you can see has a 'circle thing' happening.  Not sure how she has put it together.  I love the way she has graded the shades from light to dark.



Here's a close up.  Val doesn't hand-quilt her quilts.  She sends them off to be quilted so we should see this one soon all completed.

After quilting, Carol Parkinson dropped me home and came in for a cuppa.  Carol has three grand-daughters - no grandsons.  Her daughter Catherine's two girls are Maddie and Lexi.  Maddie is about two and Lexi is just a few months old.

Carol's son Andrew and his wife Kath have not long had a wee girl called Sophie, so we all ood and aad at all Carol's photographs today.


I've started putting up pictures.  Do you like this one here?  I jut love it.


I've put this cross stitch in the bathroom.



This one in the hall and can you see the one I've put in the guest room?


As you can see we are still tripping over pictures :)



Here's a picture of the two couches which we moved into the kitchen area.  No pictures up yet, so looking a bit bare still.

Well must away and get my beauty sleep.  We'll be up early tomorrow as we're off down to Brisbane - back on Friday.  Papa painted a couple of side tables for Emma's bedroom and we'll take them down together with her plants which we've been looking after over the school holidays.

xxxxNannyxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...