Wednesday 22 March 2017

WORLD POETRY DAY


Yesterday was World Poetry Day.  No-one told me but apparently Katyboo1.wordpress.com knew.  She posted this fantastic poem which I think is very appropriate what with it being the Spring equinox in the northern hemisphere.


Spring Cleaning

de Lord is my shepherd
I shall not want

an she scraping
de las crumbs
aff de plate
knowing ants will feed

maketh me to lie down
in green pastures
leadeth me beside de still
waters

and she han washing clothes
spotless
lifting dem outa de water
drying she han careful slow
pon she apron

restoreth my soul

she mixing
sugar
water
lime
she filling she favourite jug
de one wid de cool palm pattern

yea though I walk
troo de valley of de
shadow of death

she opening de fridge
de cowl stapping her breath
for a motion

I will fear no evil

she put een wah she want
tek out wah she want
shut de door

for thou art wid me
thy rod an thy staff
dey comfort me

an she looking wid a far eye
pon de picture a de children
side a de almanac
pon de wall

surely goodness an mercy
shall follow me

she pick up de broom
an she sweeping

all de days of my life

an she sweeping

an I will dwell
in de house of de Lord

she sweeping out
sweeping
out

shake de broom
in de wind
dus fly
she beat it gains de fence
dus fly
she cup she han
unda de pipe
an she sprinkle water
roun she
stan up
hans akimbo

she watching
all de dark spirits
departing wid de dus

sunrise in er eyes

forever
an ever


Jean ‘Binta’ Breeze



2 comments:

  1. An amazing poem. I ready it through 3 times. Just Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just managed to work out the comments! It is a wonderful poem Greer. Have you read it aloud?

      Delete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...