Thursday 27 April 2017

AUTUMN, PAPA'S LATEST U3A CLASS, THE GARDENING CLUB AND A VISIT TO ROBYN

Hello my lovlies

We woke up to a very cold morning this morning although it was sunny with blue skies.  I have two jumpers, leggings, ugg boots and my fleece on.  Feeling loovely and cosy.

On my walk after lunch, I noticed that the Camphor Laurel trees are beginning to drop their berries all over the place.  The trees that drop their leaves in Autumn are really beginning to turn golden with leaves everywhere.  There was also a lovely smell of woodsmoke coming from chimneys around the place.






Papa went to his first class on archeology this morning.  He wasn't sure he would enjoy it as he felt he already knew quite a bit about the subject.  However, he was pleasantly suprised.  It looks as though the course is going to be fun.  The teacher who is doing his masters or something on the subject is using some aspects of his studies to teach the oldies.  At the bottom of the course notes he instructed the students they needed to bring nothing but their quills and papyrus.  I think he sounds a great teacher.


After Papa came home and we had lunch, he put on his workclothes and did some more painting in his office.  He painted the part above the picture rail and tomorrow I think he's going to give the ceiling its first coat.

Tomorrow I'm going to my gardening club.  I say 'my gardening club' as though I have been going to it for years when in actual fact I haven't been once yet!  This will be my first visit and I am really looking forward to it.

I'll try and remember to take the camera.

After that, I will head over to see Robyn who has been in Melbourne for a few days.

Love Nanxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...