Tuesday 18 April 2017

QUIET DAY WITH DUST, EASTER AND STREET LIBRARY

Hello my lovelies

It's been a fairly quiet day today.  That is, apart from the builders next door.  Lots of banging, shouting and laughing.

I had just finished mopping the verandah when I heard an electric saw going.  I looked up and saw they were cutting cement sheets for the ceiling above the new verandah and heaps and heaps of dust was being blown my way.

I quickly ran and locked the doors to Papa's office.  Just then, Papa arrived home with all the shopping.  "There's a lot of dust coming from next door David." I said.

"What from?"  he asked.  When I told him, he went straight down into the garden and called on the builder.  He explained to him about the dust and I could hear the builder apologising profusely.

When Papa came back I said that I didn't expect him to speak to them because all building involves some dust somewhere along the line.  But Papa said cement dust is a different matter.  He said that the men shouldn't even be cutting the sheets without protective masks and eye wear - which of course they weren't using.   So there was no more cutting with the saw and Papa said they were probably using cement cutters.

After all my chores and lunch, I settled down on the side verandah to read the new book Papa picked up from the library for me.  He had picked up a couple last week which I just couldn't get into.  This one though is keeping me reading.  It's set in Ireland and is a mystery novel.

There's no Wednesday quilting for the next few weeks as Kerrie's in France at the moment.  But I do have quilting this Friday with Robyn which will be lovely.

Talking of Robyn, she sent a fabulous link with Dolly Parton singing "HE'S ALIVE!".  If you click here you will be able to link into the song.  Listen to the song to the end.

Here are some more photographs from Easter.









This photograph is of the Street Library round the corner at Mary-Kate's place.  Her house is the one with the Jacaranda tree outside where the children decorate it with beach-balls, flip-flops etc at Christmas.



Hope the cooking classes are going well.

Love Nanxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...