Saturday 1 April 2017

QUILTING AND AN AUSSIE AT HEART


Hello my lovelies.

Here is the table Auntie Emma has given me.  The 'library' has been turned into a quilting room and it's fabulous.  I'm just loving it.  As you can see, there's heaps of room to move around the table for cutting.


When the room was painted, we asked Troy the electrician to put in a new fan and light.  The previous fan was about an inch from the ceiling.  This one is much better and it's in a perfect position for me sewing on a hot day.


What do think of my Hebridean quilt?  I'm fair chuffed with it.  As you can see I've put a navy border on it as suggested by Robyn and the ladies at my Friday quilting group.  It sort of echoes the navy on the main boat.   Can you see the birds?

Here's a close up of them.



And a close-up of the fence.


I'm not sure if the fence needs another strand to it.  I'm seeing Robyn tonight, so I'll take my quilt along and let her see it and see what she thinks.  After that I'll get the backing and batting, tack the three layers together and start the quilting.

Tonight we are heading out to Robyn and Con's for dinner, picking up Robyn on the way.  It should be a lovely night.  It's always a lovely night when you are spending time with friends.

Liliane, your essay was wonderful.  I am so proud of you.  I have asked Mumma if it would be all right for me to put on the blog.

Love Nanxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...