Sunday 27 August 2017

SUNDAY AFTERNOON 2.32PM

Hello my lovelies


Do you like this quilt Robyn has been working on?  She has used lots of different Japanese fabrics.  When you think of Japanese fabrics, these are the colours that come to mind.  Robyn has been making it for her daughter Kylie who lives in Brisbane.  Kylie used to live in Tokyo, so the quilt will bring back lots of memories for her.

Here's a close-up of some of Robyn's quilting.


Lynne has been working on a cross stitch.


And Kerrie has been continuing quilting quite a large quilt.


Today Papa and I went up the road to church.  We received an email from Simone, the minister's wife through the week in which she encouraged folk to stay for morning tea and lunch.  We haven't done the 'lunch' thing before and decided we would stay today.  It worked out really well and gave us a chance to get to know lots more people.  

I'm now about to start clearing my desk.  I've got a couple of bills to pay and after that I will probably try a bit more quilting.  My arm is still very sore and I now have a cut on the top of my thumb which is taking a while to heal.  Every time I try to quilt, it starts to bleed and I have to put my quilting aside.

Tomorrow I'm heading down to Brisbane.  I'm catching the 5.00pm bus back on Tuesday so I won't be away from Papa too long.  

We will be heading back down to Brisbane on Friday to leave the dogs with Auntie Emma while Papa and I head south to northern New South Wales, where Gemma and Jimmy are getting married.  The wedding isn't until the afternoon on Saturday, so we are planning to leave Auntie Emma's really early.
We'll head back to Brisbane the next day.

Love Nanxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...