Friday 4 August 2017

THE SNOW GOOSE



I forgot to mention this book which has the Dunkirk emergency happening in the background of the story.  It's a beautiful book and tells the story of Fritha who finds an injured snow goose.

It was also made into a film.  


Here's Fritha showing the injured snow goose to Philip who lives alone in an abandoned lighthouse.

When your Mummy was a little girl and getting restless in church, I would take a pen and notebook out of my bag and write the story of the Snow Goose as she watched.  But I would change Fritha's name to Greer as I wrote.

Love Nanxxx



2 comments:

  1. Do you think that Freya and I could read it. I am going to ask Mummy if she remembers it. It sounds like a beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. It's a wonderful book and film Liliane. Did you notice that the actor playing Philip is the same actor who played Arthur in Camelot?

    ReplyDelete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...