Saturday 30 September 2017

A WEE POEM ABOUT SOCKS



THE SORROW OF SOCKS

Some socks are loners -
They can't live in pairs.
On washdays they've shown us
They want to be loners.
They puzzle their owners,
They hide in dark lairs.
Some socks are loners -
They won't live in pairs.

I've been cleaning out my office.  Went mad, even dragging all the files out of the filing cabinet.  Some were torn at the corners because they were too full, so I hopped to it and headed down to Officeworks.  Had a wander and bought a box of new files, some folders, a new mouse pad and some more plastic boxes.  I love my plastic boxes.

While I was tidying up the books on the bookshelves, I found Wendy Cope's poetry book "If I Don't Know".  I loved this poetry book so much that I bought a few copies for gifts a few years ago.  Now I can't remember who I've given one to so have decided to scatter the remaining ones around the house.  

Note to self..."Remember to write down what gifts you give to whom!"

Love Nanxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...