Friday 15 September 2017

CARNIVAL OF FLOWERS AND QUILTER'S TRAIL


Hello my lovelies

Today is the start of the Carnival of Flowers.  The town is looking lovely although perhaps a bit dry.  I can't remember when we last had rain.  Everywhere you look though, trees are in blossom, flowers are in bloom, Wisterias are dripping off verandahs and fences and Jasmine is filling the evening air with its perfume.

I'm looking forward to going through a couple of the Exhibition gardens.  These are quite large gardens which open to visitors for a fee.  The money raised goes towards a good cause, often The Hospice.

I'm also looking forward to going to see the Quilt Journeys Exhibition which will be held in The Homestead at Fairhome College.   Lynne from my Wednesday quilting group at Kerrie's organizes this exhibition each year and this year the exhibits include works by another lady in our quilting group, Leona.  Leona's work is just inspirational.  I hope I can take a couple of photographs for you.  You can see a tiny bit of her work in the photograph above.  I just adore the colours she uses in her quilts too.

Another lovely aspect to the Exhibition is the morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea which you can purchase and eat on the verandah overlooking the lovely gardens of the school.


Lynne and her helpers set up tables with beautiful tablecloths, flowers and serviettes.  She also hangs bunting all along the verandah.  All this of course adds to the Spring atmosphere.

  Lynne is an amazing baker and her cupcakes are to die for.  I shall take a photograph of one for you to see how amazing they are.

  Perhaps we will have morning or afternoon tea together on the verandah next year.

Love Nanxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...