Tuesday 3 October 2017

LOOFLY DAY IN THE GARDEN



Hello my loovelies

I'm so pleased with my roses this year.  I was a bit worried when I stood back to look at them after I had finished pruning them in June.  "Oh dear!" I said to Papa.  "I think I may have overdone it."  But Papa assured me that they would all burst into bloom come Spring and so they have.

Every year before I start the pruning process of my climbing roses, I always check again the process.  This year I took note of the fact that if you tie your climbing roses in a horizontal position, you will get more flowers.  So, as you can see above, I even tied some of the canes down the banister rail at the side steps.  



When I was taking these photographs I noticed this surprise.  A year or so ago, we replaced one of the Pinkie's with a red climber and had forgotten all about it.  What a surprise it was when I pointed the camera to take this photograph.


Parrots have a gay old time in the tropical birches.


And the dogs enjoying their bones.

Love Nanxxx

3 comments:

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...