Saturday 21 October 2017

VISIT TO A BEAUTIFUL GARDEN


Well, yesterday the Gardening Club visited a garden not far from Robyn's.  The house was just a few houses down, towards Woolworths on the Range side.  As it was right on the Range, the block was a very steep block but the garden was just amazing, especially the hard landscaping that has been carried out.  Here are some photographs.


This photograph was taken from the patio area where we all had a delicious morning tea and a talk and demonstration on how to turn a little candle conifer into a topiary whirl.  The gardener who gave the talk is one of the gardeners for the Council.


Here we are making our way down from the patio area to the bottom garden.




What a surprise I got.  As you can see, all the Jacarandas are in bloom at the moment and make for a gorgeous backdrop to the garden.


The hedge that separates the top lawn from the bottom lawn.  Can you see the rose beds just below the hedge?



The top lawn.


The bottom lawn.



Stairs down to the fence line at the bottom.




As we were walking down the stairs, this small tree was hanging over the side.  Elizabeth the owner of the house and garden mentioned to me that this was a Forest Pansy and when it flowers, the flowers all appear up the stalks of the branches.  I've never seen this before, but I imagine it must look as though the flowers have been stuck on.  I'll see if I can find a photograph on Google.


Here it is!

I'm off to tidy up the sewing room.  It looks as though a bomb has gone off in it.  I am in the process of making ANOTHER log cabin quilt.  I'm loving the process.  This time I'm going for half in the creamy colours and the other half a mix of scraps - all colours.  

Love Nanxxxx  PS  I forgot to tell you - when I was walking past a small citrus tree, I could see a blossom and bent over to smell it.  I thought at the time it didn't smell very nice which is actually quite unusual as orange and lemon blossom have a beautiful scent. When I continued walking my eyes suddenly started stinging and streaming with tears.  A very naughty 'stinky bug' which are quite common on citrus at this time of the year had squirted some of its stinky stuff in my face.  When I mentioned to a few ladies what had happened one of them said "I thought I could smell something funny coming from you!"

2 comments:

  1. All of it reminds me that can not wait until we have a garden!

    And another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you do with your new garden and I can't wait to see you in my garden next year. xxx

      Delete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...