Tuesday 5 December 2017

BLOCKS 19 AND 52




Hello my lovelies!

I am so enjoying working on these blocks.  They are so easy to carry around in my small sewing box.  I have cut out lots of birds roughly and pick one up when I feel like it, cut out the four pieces accurately, tack them and then tack them on to the navy fabric ready for sewing down.  I have another tree pattern, but am concentrating on this one just now - it's the easiest and has the least number of pieces :)

It was a busy time at the weekend at Auntie Emma's what with the move and everything.  We managed to get all the boxes unpacked except for two rooms - Uncle Michael's office and the main bedroom.  I spoke to Auntie Emma today and I think she's just about there.   She had a company there who were busy washing the outside of the house, so that it will be all sparkly and clean for Christmas.

Auntie Emma is also busy at the moment getting the boys uniforms and books ready for next year. At BBC, they get things done early!

We have had wonderful rains over the last month or so.  Tanks are full all over the town, everything is green and everyone is happy.  Today is dry so the dogs are enjoying running around the garden and annoying everyone who walks past the gate.

Papa's outside planting up some more pots with herbs.  He has a lovely collection just outside the garage.  I put the little gnome that you made in amongst the pots.  It looks really cute - a little Papa Smurf among the herbs.

Well my dears, I'll away.  I have some birds ready to go under the iron and more to tack.

Love Nanxxx

2 comments:

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...