Wednesday 10 January 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Hello my lovelies!

Here are the gorgeous doggies the boys gave me for Christmas.  Aren't they wonderful?  They are sitting in pride of place on my small blue dresser.

Well, Christmas is all over for another year.  Our tree is down and packed away.  We no longer turn on the lights on the verandah and I am no longer hauling out the flour, butter and sugar to make mince pies and shortbread.  Although having said that, I did make a batch of shortbread this afternoon.  We're going to dinner up at Roger and Anne's in Cabarlah and I thought I'd take a 'plate'.  I'm also going to see a friend tomorrow for afternoon tea, so I'll take some to that too.

Auntie Emma, Uncle Michael and the boys left for Adelaide today.  They are visiting Uncle Michael's family who are on holiday in Victor Harbour about 100 kms south of Adelaide. 


 I noticed on the forecast today that the temperature is to be 38 degrees in Adelaide which in the old scale is over 100!

Papa has been busy today making a little gate to go at the top of the stairs on the back verandah.  This will make it easier for Papa and me to go up and down the stairs when we want to keep the dogs in.  Between the two of them, they create quite a lot of noise when they have free reign to do what they want and truth be told, I don't think they mind being locked up on the verandahs some of the time.

Today is quite hot - in the 30's so all the fans are going full bore.  It's now 4.15pm and I think it just might be time for a wee glass of vino down on the back lawn.

Love Nanxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...