Tuesday 27 February 2018

NOAH AND THE LENGTH OF A PIECE OF THREAD



Hello my lovelies!

This term I have been studying Genesis with my Monday ladies up at the church and yesterday we reached the story of Noah!  What an amazing story that is!

Did you know that the 'Flood' story exists in lots of cultures and religions, not just in the Bible?

I heard that someone in America has built an 'ark' to the specifications in Genesis - chapter 6.  



"...So make yourself an ark of cypress wood;  make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out.  This is how you are to build it:  The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.  Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around.  Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks..."

I don't think they've coated the lovely timber in this picture with pitch though.

I'm not very sure how long a cubit is as it was a very ancient measurement but some say it was the distance from the elbow to the end of the longest finger - about the size of the piece of thread you should use in a needle :)

Love Nanxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...