Saturday 28 April 2018

AUTUMN



Hello my lovelies!

Thought I would post some autumn photographs for you today.  As you can see, the sun has now moved to the north so we are getting some lovely sunshine on the side verandah.  I moved the carpet and the chair round from the back deck last week.


I took this photograph while sitting at the table on the front verandah.  Can you see the tree across the road - the pink one.  Well, that is a  golden rain tree.  It has fantastic yellow flowers in spring and what you see at this time of the year are the seeds.  I've got a feeling you can no longer buy these trees here as they are considered a pest.  It must be all those seeds - once they fall, I imagine they seed everywhere.


The tree on the other side of the verandah is one of the beautiful maples and as you can see, it hasn't put on its autumn coat yet. 


And...the camellia outside our bedroom window.  


And...some roses still blooming.  If you look closely, you will see buds still to flower.

This morning Papa and I were very busy around the place.  I hauled the ladders up from the shed, ran some hot water put some soapy stuff into a bucket, grabbed some cloths and set to and cleaned all the fans.  Now that we are well into autumn, I don't think we will be using them again until nearer the end of the year.

While I was doing that, Papa was outside putting finishing touches with his paintbrush to the front fence.  Over the course of the summer it had turned green with mould!  Through the week he's been busy washing it off with very special 'stuff' from BMS.  I'm hoping all the plants and grass nearby don't die.  Time will tell and I'll keep you informed.  The fence is all nice and white again.

Tomorrow, Papa and I are on 'tea duty' after church.  We haven't done this before so should be interesting.  We'll go up the hill a bit earlier than usual and set things up.  I've made a batch of shortbread to take with me.  

Did I tell you that Bob and Bev are coming to St David's now too.  It's lovely having them there and after the service they usually come back to our place for some morning tea.

Our minister Andrew usually sends through an email during the week saying what he is going to be preaching on and also what hymns we will be singing.   THIS is one of the hymns we will be listening to on the audio visual - we sometimes sing along as well.  We will be singing along with THIS one too.  I've just had a look at them and the words in the songs are beautiful.

Andrew has been preaching from the book of Mark for quite some time.  Tomorrow he's preaching on the healing of the blind man at Bethsaida written about in chapter 8.

Well my dears I shall away.  I've just taken wee Molly for a walk.  She's quite down at the moment; very quiet.  I think she's missing Spotty Boy.  I'm sure he won't be missing her as he's happy as long as he's getting attention!

Love Nanxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...