Wednesday 11 April 2018

THE JELLY GOT SPILT!


Hello my lovelies!

I couldn't find a photograph of 'spilt jelly' so I've had to make do with the unopened packet.

As the Kennedy cousins and their parents are arriving later today, I decided I would make some jelly to go with ice-cream for sweet tonight.  Strawberry jelly was duly made and carefully put in the fridge to set.

Papa came home with some shopping and as I was putting it away he said, "Would you like me to feed the dogs?"  

"Yes!" I said.  "That would be lovely."   Well, Papa went into the laundry, opened the cupoard and pulled out the dog dishes.  Into the dishes went the dry dog food.  Back into the kitchen where Papa opened the fridge and pulled out the dish holding the cold but definitely not set jelly.  He thought the dish was holding some leftovers for the dogs.  It went all over Papa, through the fridge, down the fridge doors, including the freezer and on to the floor.  

"Go outside and take off your clothes!" I said.  Papa didn't argue and I set to cleaning up the mess.  Every shelf was affected and even baskets holding stuff.  When I opened the freezer door more of the stuff poured into the freezer from where the jelly had spilled on to the edge of the door.  By the time I got to that lot, it had frozen!

Aaanywaaay...it's all cleaned up now.  We still have a bit of jelly left which we can divide between the children.  Adults will have to be left to cry.  No jelly for them!

Here's a photograph of the children on their way North.  I'm not sure if the little dog belongs to them.  When I got the photograph I wrote back to Uncle Aaron, "Are those children coming too!"



Love Nanxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...