Saturday 28 January 2017

I'M EXHAUSTED!

As I said, the painters left yesterday and we decided not to touch anything until today, giving the gloss-work a chance to completely dry which it was this morning.

I didn't know where to begin.  Can't remember what I actually started doing.   However, I've got to the point now where the library is fairly organized as is the kitchen/dining area.  I had to wash all the windows in both rooms, as they were all dusty, had fingermarks all over them with the painters using the panes to balance themselves and there were also spots of paint on them too.  I just got to the end of the ones in the kitchen when I noticed the house next door and realized that there's going to be a lot of dust coming my way in the next few weeks.  Ah weel!  We'll handle that then.

We've actually hung a couple of pictures up in the library.  One that Uncle Aaron painted - over the fireplace again.



We moved the gas fire that was sitting in the hall outside Papa's office down under the house.  Why I have had it sitting there for nearly three years I DO NOT KNOW!  Now I have the chair Papa made in that spot and a lovely print that Auntie Emma gave Papa for Christmas.  It's a picture of a chair and says VAN GOUGH  THE CHAIR which I thought looked kinda nice beside Papa's chair.




We haven't hung anything up in the kitchen yet except I put my lovely hearts back up on the windows again, and Mabel my redundant bottle opener. 


Do you like the new oil-cloth I bought for the table?  I bought it at Hannas and because it is mainly grey, I thought it would go well with the cupboards in the kitchen.

We've also decided while we're doing all this redecoration stuff, we would get a new outdoor setting for out the back.  It's due to be delivered in the next couple of weeks so in the meantime, Papa and I moved the front one out to the back as it's a lot cooler there in the mornings.  Papa asked the painters if anyone would like our old table and chairs and Chris quickly said he would love them.  So, he and Papa took the table to bits and Chris loaded them all into his utility.  He said he restores furniture and he will store the table and chairs and restore them sometime in the future. 



Well, that's what I've been up to while you have all been asleep.  Looking at my clock here I can see it's about 6.30am and is probably still dark.  Muma mentioned that you may be going skating on a lake that has frozen over.  If you do, take care and don't do any of those gymnastic type moves on the ice.


Here's a photograph of your Muma taken a long time ago when she was in Lucerne in Switzerland.

Love Nanxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...