Monday 30 January 2017

IT'S HOT AND I CAN'T DECIDE WHERE TO HANG THE PICTURES



It's very hot here today and this weather is to continue for the foreseeable future with no rain on the horizon.  We're getting to the 'banging our heads off the wall' stage and are looking forward to a break in the weather.  "It WILL rain again!" we remind each other.

Do you like the photograph of the shed.  Some time ago, we went for a drive with Roger and Anne to Killarney which isn't too far from Allora when we came across this shed.  The shed shows the life of the Blue Cows on the Farm and I think it's hilarious.  I'm not sure if that is the title of the artwork, but that's what I have named it.



"Time to get the billy on the boil.  Let's make sure this fire doesn't decide to take off into the forest!"

Papa and I have had a fairly quiet day.  One of Papa's friends popped in this morning before I had even had my breakfast.  "Would you like a coffee Keith?" I asked.  "No, no Connie!" he said.  "I'm just returning a book for David." 

In he came into Papa's office, sat himself down and about two hours later said "Well I'd better be off now!"  It was nearly 10.00am when I had my breakfast.

After breakfast I decided to give my office and Papa's office a big tidy.  My office had become a bit of a dumping ground what with Christmas and then the painters.  I really got stuck in, dusted all the books and pictures, cleaned the windows and my desks and then gave the floor a good wash.  Same with Papa's. 

I also dragged all our pictures and paintings from my office, Papa's office and the guest room into the library where they are all propped up.  I've been wandering around with different ones saying to Papa, "What about this one?" as I hold it up against the wall.  He's been very patient and stops what he's doing (preparing dinner), dries his hands and comes and holds the picture or quilt up for me to stand back and look at.

I've given up for the day though.  It's too hot and I'm having difficult making a decision.

Tomorrow's another day and hopefully I'll make a few decisions then.


I can't see what's written on the mug, but from memory the cows name was on the mug.

Well I'm away for my wee rendezvous with Papa in the garden.

Love Nanxxxx  PS  Don't forget to send my a copy of your essay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...