Monday 20 February 2017

IT RAINED!

Hello my darlings

Yesterday, we were very excited because it rained!  Yes it rained!  I can't remember the last time it rained.  We had around 29 mls which will really help everything to green up a bit and help the trees in the garden.  They have been under a lot of stress with the extreme hot weather conditions, many of them dropping their leaves in order to conserve their energy.

I can't tell you how wonderful it was listening to the thunder and the rain on the roof and see it pouring down the street.  Today of course was the big mop-up which wasn't too difficult, especially as the temperature had dropped quite considerably.

So, it was up with all the windows, open all the doors, get out the blower and then the bucket with hot soapy water to wash the verandahs.

Also today, our new table and chairs for the back deck were due to be delivered and delivered they were -  just before lunch.  It was quite a job taking off all the wrapping on everything.  I was exhausted by the end of taking off the wrapping from one chair.  But together with Papa we managed to get all the wrapping off the chairs and table, then the legs on to the table.  Here's a photograph not long after the delivery.



At this stage I had taken off most of the wrapping from two of the chairs.  Papa was dashing around the garden with his mower so that he could put all the clippings in the bin before the bin-man arrived. Once he had completed the mowing, he came up on to the verandah to help me with the rest of the unpacking.

We finished off the unpacking by 12.30pm at which time, I had to leave for my Bible Study up at the church.  By the time I arrived back home, everything was unpacked and Papa had prepared a lovely late lunch.  We are very pleased with our new table and chairs although there are a couple of dents in the table.  Papa telephoned the store where we had bought them and they said they would organize a new table.  By the time we had finished our lunch, we decided we could live with the couple of dents and Papa telephoned the man back again and said not to worry about getting us another table.



While Papa was at the library



and before the table and chairs were delivered, I had a lovely time doing all my household chores, especially as the weather was much cooler.

I had planned to do some more sewing on my 'field' for my Hebridean quilt but haven't managed to get to it.  Hopefully I will do a bit more tomorrow.

My new 'field' is supposed to represent a field that has been harvested.  I am on to my third go and I think this one will be a goer.  My first two attempts just didn't work out.  Every time I tried to do a new 'strip' it wouldn't sit straight or wasn't big enough.  I was nearly tearing my hair out yesterday with it. I had drawn an image of what I wanted to do and it just wasn't working.  In the end, I cut up the image I had drawn and am slowly doing one field strip at a time.   With the first couple attempts, I used beige, gold and dark brown colours, but on this third attempt, because I'm so tired of the whole thing, I moved to different colours with the main colour green and am really pleased.



This afternoon, I had Bible Study up at the church.  The minister's wife Simone takes the study and she is so lovely.  We are doing a study on the book of John.  One of the main verses we looked at today was when Jesus said to his disciples "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.  No-one comes to the Father but through me!"  What an amazing thing for anyone to say of themselves.  The ladies in the group are just lovely.  We start the study with a cup of coffee or tea and some cake - of course!

Well my dears I must away.

Hope you have had a lovely day today at school.

Love Nannyxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...