Tuesday 21 February 2017

PROGRESS ON THE HEBRIDEAN QUILT

Hello my lovelies

I've just checked the time your end and it's 7.30am, so you are either on the bus or still getting ready for school.

Papa and I are coming to the end of our day and starting to clear up a bit before Papa makes dinner.  The day has been quite busy with me doing some gardening and working on my Hebridean quilt.

I headed into the garden after breakfast and managed to do quite a bit of weeding before exhaustion and heat caused me to call it a day.   Before I came in, I raked up all the weeds I'd thrown on to the lawn as I went so that it was easier for Papa to clear up for me.  Papa in the meantime had taken himself off to do some shopping and a visit to the dump to drop off the huge cardboard boxes the outdoor setting came in.

After I came in, I had a shower and a couple of drinks of water but still felt awfully hot.  So, I settled down in Papa's chair in the library, turned the fan full on, got my book to read and settled down for a wee rest.  Papa brought me a wee cuppa too.  I was so tired from my gardening that I fell fast asleep and woke up with Papa calling me for lunch.

After lunch, I got stuck into my 'field'.  I am really pleased with it.



What do you think?    I've still to create a bit of a downward slope with the haystacks at the right hand side of the field and have a think about borders.

The renovations to the house next door advances by the day. 




 Today the roof went on.  Papa and I are not too happy with the roof.  The plans for the renovation said that the roof was going to be Colourbond but the builder has used a silver roof which is very glarey for us on the side verandah.  Not to worry.  Once our trees grow it should give us the shade we need.

Keith dropped in this afternoon for a wee cuppa.  He and Margaret are well.  The government has given him access to quite a lot of money to help Margaret get on her feet again.  He is going to have the Blue Care nurse come in each day and also get the physiotherapist to organise the exercises Margaret needs.  He can also access money if he would like to have their bathroom changed to suit Margaret's needs.  All this should help both Margaret and Keith as Margaret slowly gets better.

Well my dears I shall away.

Hope you have had a wonderful day when you read this.

xxxxxNan  PS  Remember you can enlarge the photographs by clicking on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...