Saturday 11 February 2017

IT'S ALL I'VE EVER KNOWN


Hello there my lovelies

I know I sound like a broken record, but it is HOT here.  I just checked the temperature out on the verandah and it's 39 degrees!  There's a huge heat-wave thing happening across Australia just now. Tomorrow is to be the same, but we're all hoping that Monday will see some relief.

Papa and I got up early this morning - well, Papa did!  I was a bit behind the times and woke up with the sun shining into the bedroom.  It was up and at it as we knew it was going to be a hot one.  Papa got the mower going, then the whipper snipper and I got going with the blower.  Pot plants received a nice drink and I even sprayed all the weeds growing in the paths.  Then it was lock-down!  All doors and windows closed, fans and air-conditioner on.  Papa is now sitting with a coffee and his ear-phones on watching a movie.

I have my sewing machine here on the table.  I have been working on the 'grass' for my Hebridean quilt.  I'm hoping that my strippy idea works as I haven't been able to find fabric that I feel would work.

Did Mummy or Daddy mention that Auntie Emma put the 'lost dog' on her Facebook page.  The Council have picked it up and will keep it for a few days after which, if Auntie Emma would like to, she can adopt it.  She sounds very keen.  It sounds as though it is a lovely dog.  Here's a photograph Auntie Emma took.



And...to keep the doggie theme going, Keith down the road sent photographs of his son's new dog. She is called Adelaide and they got her from the pound.  Don't you think she looks gloriously happy?





Here's another photograph I thought was gorgeous.  It's from one the blogs I occasionally pop into - DOWN TO EARTH and they have just recently bought this dog.  Her name is Gracie and apparently she is gazing longingly into the wheelbarrow which has a chicken poo and straw mix inside.


Keith has just popped in for a cuppa so I'll close for now.

If you click on the link below, there's a lovely story about a lady in Ireland.  The story is called IT'S ALL I'VE EVER KNOWN

click here

Love Nanxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...