Monday 13 February 2017

Papa is in the process of making Nicoise Salade for dinner.

We've had a bit of rain, probably 2mls which isn't a lot to write home about but about which I'm writing to you about!  It's very cloudy, but I've checked the radar and we've missed all the rain.  It's now on its way through the Lockyer Valley and down to Ipswich.  Papa's just opened the doors and turned off the air-conditioner and there's that humid smell there is after the rain.  Oh loovly!  I can feel cooler air coming in.  Here's the thermometer from yesterday.





This morning our new vet telephoned to see how Molly was.  Wasn't that kind of him?  Papa told him that she still didn't seem her usual bouncy self.  He said it may be a good idea to discontinue the Cortisone tablets.  She had one this morning, so hopefully in the next day or so she will begin to be her old self again, running down the verandah and barking at every Tom, Dick and Harry who decides to walk past her fence.

Papa had a very busy morning this morning.  He had an appointment with our Bank Manager, Charlie who has just finished building a new home for himself and his family.  Well, he didn't actually build it, the Builder built it but he asked Papa if he would check that all was OK before he paid the last payment to the Builder.  Papa met Charlie around 10.30am and spent about an hour and a half with him going over the house which Papa says is really big.  There weren't too many issues.  The main one was the one where when you come in the front door and look down the hall, the door at the end hasn't been centralized on the wall.  I think this will be quite a fiddly job to fix but when fixed will look much better.   I was going to go with Papa but then I thought I would probably be hanging around for ages and would start crying and crying in the gutter "I want to go home!  I want to go home NOW!" and I really couldn't be doing that what with the Bank Manager and all.  So I made a good decision in not going as I didn't imagine for one minute he would have taken an hour and a half to go around a house.

After he left Charlie, Papa said that he went to the library to drop off some books and then on to Betros Brothers to pick up some fruit and vegies and then on to Coles to pick up some more stuff.

I was really wondering where he had got to as I was supposed to leave the house at 12.30pm for my Bible Study up at the church. He rolled in about five minutes late which wasn't too late as the ladies tend to have a wee chat before they start the study.

After the Bible Study, I headed off to Copylam which is a company that does photocopying of difficult stuff.  On my Hebridean quilt I had made the grass-type stuff below the cottage but I wasn't happy with it.   I kept biting my bottom lip this morning while Papa was out wondering "Should I try something different?  Should I leave it?"  In the end I drew a different idea - kind of strips representing crops being cut and will have a go at that.  The drawing was really small and after the Bible Study I took it to Copylam and had them enlarge it to the exact size for my quilt.  That way I can use my light-box to cut out the material to the size I need.  I'll take photographs as I move along.

This picture is what I've made already and I'm not sure about.



This picture is of the view through the window in the boat. It was originally the colour of the sea and then I realized it was positioned in such a way that you would have seen both the sand and sea so I appliqued a bit of each and I'm very pleased with the result:)



Also took this photograph of Papa while we were sitting out on the back deck.  I like the picture in the background in the kitchen.  And I like Papa too of course!



I noticed on Facebook that the lost dog at Auntie Emma's has been rescued by its owners.  I'm not sure how happy Auntie Emma is as she really loved that dog.  But I'm sure she will be happy the dog is home again with the people who love her.

I'll find out more when I head down to visit on Thursday.

Well my dears, I shall away.  It's 10.00am your end and I am thinking of you both at school as I type and hope you are having a wonderful day.

Love Nannyxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...