Saturday 25 February 2017

QUILTING DAY AT ROBYN'S

Hello my lovelies

It's 2.30pm here (Saturday) and I imagine you are both still tucked up asleep.  It has been a lovely day today with clear blue skies and the temperature not too hot.

I've had a busy 'home' day today.  Stripped the beds and did a big wash, bit of housework and made a banana and walnut cake with some bananas that were going decidedly ripe.  Papa and I have had lunch are now settling into a quiet afternoon.  I'm cooking tea tonight, the pasta/ragu that I didn't cook the other night!  That day I was really busy in the garden and when it came to 4.00pm I shouted "Oh! No!" and Papa said "What is it Connie?"  I had just remembered that I had to cook dinner and was way too tired.  Papa was lovely and said, "Don't you worry!  We'll pick up a curry from the take-a-way." which is what we did.  So I settled myself down with a nice G&T in the garden and looked forward to my lovely curry.

Yesterday, as you can see from the title of this post was quilting at Robyn's.  We had a lovely time with all of us working very hard on our sewing and periodically looking at our watches and saying, "Where's the day going?"  You may remember that Robyn has a cuckoo clock.  While we were sewing it periodically let out a very sick sounding cuckoo.  "That clock doesn't sound well Robyn?" someone said.  When the clock said it was about 11.30am, Robyn very kindly cut us all a yummy piece of date loaf and laid it beside us while we continued to sew. Then someone looked at their watch and said, "It's 1.00pm!  It's time for lunch!"   Robyn wondered why she felt so hungry!  Up she got from the table and wound up the clock and we all downed our needles and picked up our lunch boxes and a fresh cuppa and made our way out to the verandah to eat our lunch.

Wee Henri, Robyn's dog, loves it when we go outside.  This is a great opportunity for him to lay his ball at our feet and have us throw it over the verandah.  He sets off to get it even before it has left our hand.

Here are some photographs of our day.


Remember you can click on the photograph if you would like to enlarge it.  This is a small section of the quilt Robyn has been working on, the one that tells lots of stories from the Bible.  Aren't these Eastern head-dresses gorgeous?  I love the material Robyn has used as well.  It reminds me of Hebrew writing.



This one is of poor Jonah falling into the 'drink'!  Isn't it hilarious?


Here is the quilt all put together.  Robyn still has to do the borders and finish the edges off.  Can you guess some of the stories?


These two ladies are Bonnie (standing) and Robyn Eecen sitting.  Mummy knows Robyn Eecen. Robyn E wasn't feeling very well, so she didn't stay too long.  You may see she has a splint thing on her hand.  It is to help with the pain she gets from arthritis.


This is a beautiful quilt that Bonnie is working on.


These three are Rhonda (with the red scarf), Robyn and Leigh.  Rhonda has been working on a Chook quilt.  Here it is.


If you enlarge it, you may see the fox.  Rhonda still has to put on another border which she was working on yesterday.


These are chooks that Leigh was working on.  Aren't the colours just wonderful?


I'm progressing really well with my Hebridean quilt.  Robyn was so helpful in getting me going on the next stage.



We found bits of material in my box and her stash that were the same as hills and grass on the top half of the quilt.  Robyn placed them and I sewed them down.


Between Robyn, the other ladies and me, we finally decided to lay the other two sections that I had already made like this.  I'm really pleased.  Do you like?  I'm thinking of making a fence to go between the field and the sandy soil.  

Well my dears I must away.  I've got quite a lot of paperwork to organise here on my desk.

Perhaps we'll speak tomorrow.

xxxxxNanny

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...