Thursday 23 March 2017

A NEW PLANT AND AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH



Do you like the new plant Papa planted up for me for the kitchen?  I love it and have been putting it here, there and everywhere to see where it looks best.  I think Chooky looks lovely beside it, but Chooky has flown the coop since I took this photograph.  She is now up on top of the cabinet you can see above the plant.

And this photograph, can you guess who the man is?



Yes!  It's Uncle Angus from Glasgow.  Doesn't he look funny?  Do you like the gorgeous curtain behind him.  I think Auntie Mairi bought it in France.  And his sun hat!  And the lovely bricks...and what's on the shelf behind him?  And what about those socks!

Tomorrow I'm off to quilting at Robyn's.  My goal for the day is to embroider a fence on my Hebridean quilt and discuss with Robyn whether to put on borders or not.  Actually I've made the fence already.  It's the wire I have to learn how to embroider.



Also, I have an appointment with the dentist to check everything is healing in my mouth the way it should.  I'm still feeling quite unwell with it all.  Getting quite fed up if the truth be known.  I went and did a big pantry/laundry shop this morning and by the time I drove home and realized that Papa was next door chatting to the Builder and I probably had the task of bringing all the shopping in myself, I just about fell on the ground crying.  "Yoo hoo!" shouted Papa over to me in a very happy voice.  "Could you please come over and help me with this shopping." I replied.  He came over very quickly.  I think he could detect from my voice I was a bit at the end of my tether.  He helped me in with the shopping, sat me down, put the fan on and made me a nice cup of tea.

I am now quite recovered and starting a list for when I feel able to get going again.

Quote from the wee doggie book.

"A friend is someone that won't talk behind your tail when you leave the room."



Love Nanxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...