Friday 24 March 2017

WHAT I WORE TO QUILTING TODAY, MY LUNCH, SOME STITCHES AND A RABBIT



Here I am about to head off to quilting this morning.  I thought you would like to see that I am actually wearing the dresses we bought together while you were here.  I even put on some make-up AND blow-dried my hair.

While I was doing all that, I shouted down the hall to Papa.  "David!  Would you make me up a sandwhich to take with me to quilting?"

"Will do!" shouted back Papa.

"Pardon?" I shouted back down the hall.  And then with a very loud voice he shouted "Will do!"

"Oh!  OK." I said, and went back to drying my hair.

When I was ready to go he presented me with a lovely lunch.  My sandwich was even sitting on an ice brick and he had thoughtfully put in a knife for me to peel the fruit.  Lovely Papa!



All the other ladies and I had a great time at Robyn's.  Robyn taught me the coral stitch, a stitch she thought would look good for the fencing on my Hebridean quilt.

I practiced for a wee while on a scrap of material, took a deep breath and began on my own quilt top. Even if I say so myself, I'm quite pleased with the result.  Haven't quite finished but will do this weekend.  Just realized this photograph doesn't show my lovely stitching, just the chalk marks.  You will have to contain your excitement until tomorrow, when hopefully I will have finished stitching the fence.



We also discussed a border and with the input of Robyn and the other ladies we decided on a navy blue border which I hope to do this weekend as well.  Then it's all go to start the quilting process.

Here's a photograph of a gorgeous rabbit on Bonnie's quilt.



Good news on the rain front.  Last night we had over 50 mls.  On my way to quilting I could see that the creek on Kitchener Drive had flooded.  Bob popped in today to see Papa about something and he said that sadly, Meringindan received not a drop.

Well my dears I shall away.

Love Nanxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...