Saturday 25 March 2017

WASHING CLOTHES, WASHING MOLLY, IRONING, LIBRARY AND PERHAPS A DRIVE


After all the rain we've had over the past week or so, I was way behind with my washing.  Verandahs too felt it was time for a clean-up what with wet towels all over the place to soak up some of the rain from the sudden downpours and to stop Papa and me slipping whenever we walked out on to the verandahs.

The picture above shows the laundry all nice and clean after all the washing this morning.  The last load of towels still washing in this photograph was after Molly disgraced herself.  Just as I thought I had finished the last load, Papa came out to me and said "I think Molly's been digging in the garden."

"Oh no!" I said; quite loudly.

I walked into Papa's office and there she was sitting on his couch, with an absolutely filthy face.  She knew she had done something wrong but probably wasn't quite sure what it was.  So to fill in the time until she did work out what the problem was, she lay down on her back allowing us the privilege of giving her tummy a scratch while she continued to ponder the situation.

She soon knew what was happening when I lifted her up and took her collar off!

Here's some of the washing around the place just now.



Bedding and bibs and bobs on the line.


Quilts and pillows airing in the garden and on the line Papa has strung out for me when I run out of space on the main lines.


Some things already dry and ironed.



Dusters and cloths on rack.  Bras too by the look of it :)



More stuff folded on the table.

After washing Molly, I took her a walk around the block to dry her off a bit and noticed that Mary-Kate who lives around the corner has started a street library.  She has put two posts in the ground beside her gate.  On top of the posts is a table-type top and on top of that, she has the most gorgeous, blue glass cabinet.

I picked Molly up and gingerly stepped over the grass to the cabinet - the ground is still very wet and muddy, opened the door and had a wee poke around.

Here is a book I brought home.



After we've read it, I'll take it back and borrow another one.  Perhaps I'll have a look through the books we have here and add some to the library as well.

To finish off the washing theme, here's a close up of part of a drawing I have in my laundry.  It's called MOTHER, THE ROCK.


I think this is me with both of you when you used to visit Papa and me at Summerfield.


Well I'm away to have a cuppa.  I've been thinking of suggesting to Papa that we take a drive out Allora way and perhaps have some morning tea there tomorrow.  It will be lovely to drive through a green countryside now that we've had all that rain.

Love Nanxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...