Sunday 26 March 2017

NOT TRAVELLING, BUT VISITING AND WATCHING



Hello my lovelies.

The plan today was to go for a wee drive, perhaps south and have a picnic or morning tea at Allora.  However, we have since discovered that today is the Felton Food Festival.  "David!  Do you think it's the Felton Food Festival tomorrow?" I asked yesterday as we were planning our wee outing.

"I think it might be." he said and proceeded to check things out on the Internet.  And sure enough the big day at Felton is today.

Papa and I went to the Festival last year and said "Never again!"

The dust!





The cars!



 The smell of hamburgers frying!


What is it with Toowoomba and the Darling Downs?  Everyone, but everyone heads out to these events and end up clogging the highways and bi-ways.

However as much as I don't really like these events I must admit that the environment will probably look fantastic after all the rain we've had.  I remember when we went last year or the year before, the dust was so bad that while we were driving, we couldn't see far behind or in front for the dust.

There are a lot of dirt roads to get to the Felton Food Festival.

We reminded each other that we are retired and don't have to do anything on a weekend when it's busy.  So, we will go south for a picnic through the week.

Today though, we have other plans.

We are going to pop up and see Roger and Anne for morning tea.  We haven't seen them for ages. Roger has been in Japan ski-ing for a week so it will be interesting to hear how that went.  Also their son Alistair, his wife Wendy and their children Tucker and Quinn will be moving in with them soon as they are about to start a big renovation on their home not far from where we live. They live just off Campbell Street.  In fact they may have moved in with Roger and Anne already, so we may catch up with them too.

We watched the very last episode of Call The Midwife last night.  I have so enjoyed the episodes which chronicles a world I lived in as a child.  My mum gave birth to five of her seven children at home just like this - cot in the corner all ready.  Although I remember my mum had a basket for her newborns and it was called a Moses basket.


Love Nanxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...