Sunday 30 April 2017

SITTING ON THE FRONT VERANDAH, MAY DAY AND JEREMIAH

Hello my lovelies

I'm sitting here at the table on the front verandah.  It is the most beautiful Autumn day imaginable.  I've been watching petals falling off the Camellia as there are obviously birds in there having a wonderful time.  I can also hear Papa in the guest room practising his guitar.  He's just finished singing and playing a Dylan song.  

While sitting here in the sunshine, I've been eating my breakfast and doing a bit of my Bible Study for Monday.  Although there's no Bible Study tomorrow as it's a public holiday for MAY DAY.  I may decide instead to march with THE WORKERS.


The first of May is known by different names. INTERNATIONAL WORKERS' DAY, LABOUR DAY  and of course MAY DAY.

The people who celebrate the first of May as a WORKER'S DAY celebrate the role of workers in the workforce rather than the owners of the companies.  "Let's celebrate with the workers!" I say.

And of course if you remember CAMELOT, it is also an ancient Northern hemisphere Spring festival.  Sing along with me girls..."It's May, it's May!"




Anyhoo!   While I've been working here on my Bible Study, I've been reading bits and pieces in the Bible and I thought this one was just beautiful.  I'm reading THE MESSAGE Bible which is an easy to read translation.  

Here's an introduction to Jeremiah...

"Life is ambiguous.  There are uncertainties.  Loose ends.  It takes maturity to live with the loose-endedness of life.  But if we refuse to live with it, we exclude something that may very well be essential and dear:  the hazards of faith, the mysteries of God.  The book of Jeremiah ends inconclusively.  We want to know the end, but there is no end.  We want to know that he was finally successful so that if we live well and courageously, we, too, will be successful.  Or we want to know that he was finally unsuccessful, that a life of faith and integrity doesn't pay off, so that we can get on with finding another means by which to live.  We get neither in Jeremiah.  In Egypt, the place he didn't want to be, with people who treated him badly, he continued to be tenaciously faithful, magnificently courageous, and yet heartlessly rejected.  All of which add up to a towering life, terrifically lived.  And though we don't know if his ending was happy, we do know that his character was heroic. Maybe that's all we need to know about his story.  And maybe that's all we need to know about ours."

Faithful and courageous!  That's my prayer for the week for myself and my family.

Love Nanxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...