Tuesday 16 May 2017

POTTERING ON A BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN DAY

Hello my lovelies

As you can see from the heading, it is a beautiful Autumn day today.  There isn't a cloud in the sky. 


I took this photograph this morning.  It is of one of the tropical birches.  As you can see it has almost lost all of its leaves but is still showing some gorgeous Autumn colour which I can see from my kitchen window too.

I've had a lovely day pottering in the house.  I stripped the bed and had sheets on the line in the garden as well as the clothes line.  Also put out the pillows for a wee bake in the sunshine too. Nothing like the smell of sunshine on your pillows.

In between the tidying, we had a couple of visitors.  First one was Richard who has moved into the house Megan was in. He is a lawyer and seems to come and go quite a bit.  I think he's what is called a....*can't remember the word I'm looking for.  Shall stop thinking about it and perhaps it will come back to me as I proceed with this post.

Anyhoo!  Richard was coming out of his car and as Papa and I were sitting out on the verandah having our morning cuppa we shouted out, "Would you like to come in for a coffee Richard?"  And before you could say, "I'd better put the kettle on." he was in through the gate and sitting at the table. He seems really nice and seems to like living in Toowoomba.  He has a NSW registration plate on his car, so I assume he's from Sydney.  Just remembered the word - * 'freelancer', meaning someone who works for themselves but does work for other people too.  

No sooner had Richard left then another car drove up and it was Bob and Bev.  "Yoo hoo!" I shouted when I saw them getting out of their car.  "Hello my darlings!"  I shouted.

We put the kettle on again and sat out the front chatting about Mother's Day on Sunday.  They had gone down to Brisbane for the day with Danielle and their grand-daughters Georgia and Harriet. They all went to a friend for morning tea and then on to Southbank for lunch.

While I was away in Brisbane last week, Papa worked hard on his new workbench.   He finally finished it yesterday while I was gadding about between doctors and the shops at Grand Central.  So, this morning the bench was unveiled for my approval.  It is fabulous.  Papa has made the new workbench mainly from off-cuts from Lawrence the Builder next door.


Here's a close-up of the vice.


And this photograph shows the bar which he can lay his plane and similar tools on.  By laying them on this bar, he is able to keep the blade off the bench and give it some protection when it's not in use.


He still has plans to put up some boards to hang some of his tools on.  I think you can see the boards lying against the wall in the first picture.

Papa's office is now finished, well almost finished.  We still have to put something up on the wall above the couch, perhaps the Hebridean quilt when I've finished quilting it.

Here are some photographs.




This is the lovely watercolour that Greer Hardy painted of Summerfield.

Above Papa's desk, we have put the lovely oil painting Aaron painted at Arnisdale when he was a boy.

And near the couch, we have put up the painting Auntie Emma painted of Papa when she was a school-girl.



Well my lovelies I shall away and grab a cuppa and sit myself out in the fading afternoon sunshine.

Love Nanxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...