Monday 8 May 2017

IT WAS A BUMMER AND AV AT CHURCH

Hello my lovelies


I had the telephone right beside me until we went to bed.  Not to worry, we'll have heaps to talk about next weekend.  MAKE A LIST and then we won't forget anything.

As you know, I visited Auntie Emma and family last week.  I went down to Brisbane by bus which I love doing.  You sit really high up and you can see for miles and of course it's nice and relaxing too.  I even dozed off a few times.  I had my pillow with me and a book to read as well which I propped up on top of my pillow as we travelled along.   It was one of the buses that takes quite a detour off the main highway which again, I don't mind at all.  We stopped off at Gatton which is a lovely little town in the Lockyer Valley.





Also stopped off at the University in Gatton.



The  University is part of the University of Queensland.  The campus in Gatton is the agricultural/veterinary science part of the University.

Then it was onward to Brisbane where Auntie Emma and Fergus had arranged to pick me up.  I always get mixed up when I get to the Transit Centre in Brisbane.



The Transit Centre is where all the buses finish their journeys.  The building has four floors and Auntie Emma always meets me in the car park.  Well, into the lift I went with my pillow, suitcase and handbag.  I looked at the various buttons.  There were four buttons.  One said Ground and the other Levels 1, 2 and 3 had CAR PARK next to their numbers.  I had a look at the buttons and pressed 1. Down to Level 1 I went.  Toddled out and down into the car park.  No Emma!  I looked left and right and could tell this wasn't the place she normally picked me up from.  So it was back into the lift to try Level 2.  When the lift door opened there were two elderly ladies with suitcases in there.  "I can't find my daughter!" I said to them.  "Oh dear!" they replied.  "Perhaps she's out the front?"

"No!" I said.  "She often picks me up from here and I have this difficulty of finding her every time I come here."  Anyway before you could say "It's good to be in Brisbane." the three of us are careering up and down the lifts looking for the people that were picking us up.   "Right!" I said.  "We'll start again with each level."  One of the ladies' husband was on his mobile waiting for her in the car park. We started at Level 3.  Walked down and into the car park.  Back into the lift.  Pressed Level 2. Down into the car park.  No-one there but cars.  Back to the car park.  Pressed Level 1.  Same thing.  The three of us looked at each other and shook our heads.  Back to the car park and pressed GROUND which OF COURSE had no Car park next to its number.  Doors opened and out we tumbled.  Down the ramp and there was the husband holding a mobile to his ear and Auntie Emma.  Everyone laughed at the carry-on that had ensued after our bus trips.

I had a lovely time down in Brisbane.  One day Auntie Emma dropped Fergus and me at the Mount Cootha Botanic Gardens where we went for a lovely walk.



There has been some good rains recently, so the gardens looked amazing.  Unfortunately though, I didn't have much time to look at the flowers or sit and enjoy the view of the garden.  Fergus just led me to the various building sites that seem to abound the outskirts of the garden at the moment.  I was fair exhausted by the time Auntie Emma collected us:)

When Auntie Emma arrived to pick us up, she had packed a picnic which we took to a lovely park nearby.  At the park there were some Year 11 girls from a school in Brisbane.  They were students who were studying Art as one of their subjects.


Here's a photograph of what two girls were making on the ground from the autumn leaves and twigs in the park.  Isn't it beautiful?

Another day, we took Hamish to the dentist.  As Fergus has never been to the dentist before, Auntie Emma used the occasion to introduce Fergus to what goes on when you visit the dentist.  Rory the Dentist was more than happy to let Fergus 'help' him.  Fergus loved peering into Hamish's mouth, pressing the button to turn on the dentist's light and the button to make the chair go higher and lower. After the dentist had finished with Hamish he gave Fergus a wee tooth mirror for helping him.




When Papa picked me up at the bus station on Friday afternoon, he told me that he had finished painting his office and on Saturday, he finished making the shelf for his books.  He has moved his desk near the doorway.

I've still to put up some pictures, but here's a photograph of where we're up to.  Isn't it just lovely?



Can you see the lovely skirtings Papa has put on?

I'll see if I can get Papa to put up a couple of pictures today and take a more 'finished' photograph for you both.

Yesterday at church we watched an audio visual performance of the hymn Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing by the Las Vegas Academy conducted by Dr Cheryl Hill.  Here's a link to the choir singing it.  Watch it to the end as it has a wonderful finish.

Well my darlings I must away and have some breakfast.

Love Nanxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...