Tuesday 9 May 2017

DRISSLY, COLD, HAGGAI, KING CYRUS AND SETTING THE TABLE

Hello my lovelies

It's been a quiet day so far.

Woke to a fairly miserable, grey damp day.


It has cleared up a bit now but is still pretty cold.  I've got the lot on - Ugg boots, three layers including the blue fleece and leggings.  Poor Papa said he wasn't well this morning but when I suggested he go and put on a warm vest he instantly felt better.  Having said that, he hasn't been the best following a flu injection he had last week.

We've had lunch and he's headed off to the U3A for his guitar lesson.

I've just been pottering today.  Did a wash which is beginning to dry thank goodness.  There were quite a few delicates that couldn't be put in the dryer.  I won't need to hang them all around the house now.

I'm going to make dinner tonight and I've decided to make the Marks and Spencers' stew that I used to make for my children when they were young.  When I was down at Auntie Emma's, we had that stew for dinner.  Auntie Emma thinks it's a stew that can't be beaten.  And it's SO easy.  I've already peeled the potatoes for mashed potatoes and have done the carrots too.  In about an hour, I'll go and get the stew put together and into the oven.

Tomorrow I think it's quilting.  As you know, Kerrie K has been in Europe.  I'm pretty sure she's back now but I'll double check before going.

Kerrie J's also back (I think) after her visit to the Outer Hebrides.  It will be lovely to catch up with them both and hear what they got up to while they were away.  And, it will be lovely to catch up with the other ladies as well as quilting has been on hold for the few weeks Kerrie K's been away.

Yesterday Bev and I went up to the church for the Bible Study.  There were only a few ladies there yesterday as quite a few were unable to make it.  We are studying two books of the Bible, Zechariah and Haggai.  I don't know much about these two books of the Bible but I'm learning.  Haggai was a prophet who spoke to the Jewish people when they returned to live in Israel after being captured by the Babylonians.  One of their most important jobs to complete when they settled back in Israel was to rebuild the temple which had been raised to the ground by the Babylonians.  They started it and then got a bit discouraged for about 18 years and that's when Haggai, with his prophesies encouraged them to start again.


The reason the Jewish people managed to get back to Israel in the first place was that there was a good king called Cyrus who defeated the Babylonians and even though he wasn't Jewish himself, he helped the Jewish people to return to their homeland.  He also gave them a lot of help in rebuilding the Temple too.


Today though we hear God speaking to us through his Holy Spirit who lives in us.  We can hear him like a still, small voice that speaks to us and lets us know what is pleasing to God.  And when we fail sometimes, which we all do, He helps us to remember God forgives us and will give us strength to start again - just like the people in Haggai's time.

I popped into one of my blogs earlier today and just love this one.  This lady likes to collect plates and serviettes.  In THIS  little interview she shares some of her tips regarding setting the table.

Bye for now!

Love Nanxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...