Wednesday 10 May 2017

QUILTING, TRAVELLING AND KNITTED VEGETABLES

Hello my lovelies

It's nearly 11.00pm here.  Papa's gone off to bed and I thought I'd just drop you a wee post before heading there myself.

All well this end.  I wasn't sure if quilting would be on today as I wasn't sure if Kerrie K would be back.  I emailed Robyn and she said she hadn't heard from Kerrie so I decided it was a quiet day for me.  Headed out for a nice walk with Molly girl and when I arrived back home Papa said that Kerrie had telephoned to say that quilting was on.

It was lovely to see all the ladies again as we haven't been together for quite a few weeks.

Kerrie J picked me up as Papa was at another of his U3A classes (Shakespeare - Hamlet) and as she has just recently returned from a holiday in Scotland, we had lots to chat about on our journey to Kerrie K's.  Kerrie J had a wonderful time in Scotland even though the holiday was taken fairly early in the year when it's still quite cold.  She said there were daffodils everywhere.  She and her husband also spent some time in the Outer Hebrides.

On Easter Sunday when they were in South Uist, they were both looking for a church service to go to and noticed that the Church of Scotland's service wasn't until 5.00pm. The Free Church of Scotland was at 10.00am so they decided to go there.  One of the unusual things about The Free Church of Scotland is that it is totally 'free' of music.  Anyway, in they went and there were only six people at the service.  Kerrie J and her husband and his sister and her husband almost doubled the congregation.  Kerrie said that the minister, who was quite young had a wonderful singing voice.  She also said his sermon was just wonderful too and all in all it was a service she will never forget.  After the service, the minister invited the four of them to his home for lunch.  When they arrived there, his young wife and their two young children were there waiting for them with the smell of roast lamb floating through the house.

Tomorrow I'm heading down to Brisbane.  Auntie Emma isn't terribly well.  She telephoned this morning and has almost lost her voice.  I am going to go down by bus and Papa is going to follow on Saturday in the car and then we'll both come home together.  It is Mother's Day here on Sunday AND it's wee Fergus' fourth birthday.

A joke:
What do you call a Scotsman who is almost home?  Have a think and I'll put the answer at the end.

Well my darlings I shall away and get my beauty sleep.  I shall leave you with some more knitted vegetables from Tales From a Happy House.


Don't you just love the potato?

Love Nanxxxx                                                                           Hame-ish

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...