Monday 22 May 2017

STRANGE VISIONS AND THE SURVEYOR

Hello my lovelies

I have been preparing my Bible Study which is on today around lunchtime.  Did I tell you that Bev is now coming with me to the Bible Study?  She comes and picks me up and we go together.

We are now studying the book of Zechariah which is quite a strange book.  It is full of strange visions which include angels, red, brown and white horses, horns, craftsmen and a surveyor who wants to measure the length and breadth of Jerusalem.  And I'm only up to chapter two so far!


Here's the bit about the surveyor...

"I looked up and was surprised to see a man holding a tape measure in his hand.  I said, "What are you up to?"

"I'm on my way," he said, "to survey Jerusalem, to measure its width and length."

Just then the Messenger-Angel on his way out met another angel coming in and said, "Run!  Tell the Surveyor, 'Jerusalem will burst its walls - bursting with people, bursting with animals.  And I'll be right with her' - God's Decree - 'a wall of fire around unwalled Jerusalem and a radiant presence within.'"


This is actually a beautiful passage describing the fact that God and the people who love him are so large in number, no walls can contain them.  

Papa was very funny when I read out the passage to him.  He said "Another contract lost!"

xxxNan








No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...