Saturday 24 June 2017

SATURDAY MORNING AT 10.00AM

Hello my lovelies

We're back home again.  Papa and I left Brisbane around 3.00pm yesterday and got caught in awful peak hour traffic.  It took us almost an hour to reach the highway.  Papa tried different ways to get out of the traffic jams but every time  he did we would soon end up in another jam.  I think this was caused by a number of things;  it was Friday (but of course...as you will remember... Sunday was a'comin'), schools were coming out and it was the start of the State school holidays.



I must say it is nice to be home again.  It's 10.00am.  I've done a few chores;  cleaned the two bathrooms and laundry and hung out the washing.  I like to get some of my chores done before sitting down for breakfast - I feel like I've earned a wee bit of a rest:)

Papa has disappeared.  He said he was off to buy some ham for our sandwiches for lunch about an hour ago.  I'm not too worried as this often happens.  It will be very interesting to see what he has been up to while he's been out.

We had a lovely time down in Brisbane with the boys.  We didn't do anything special, just the usual chores and walks to the parks nearby which was lovely.  We had to end up cancelling our proposed trip to Sandgate as we would have been leaving the dogs for too long.  Perhaps another time. 

 Here's another photograph of Fergus in his wigwam.  This one he's looking out of the side window.


And here's one with Papa and Spot who thought it was a very comfortable kennel to be in, especially with Papa whom he adores.



  Michael is now on holiday from work and Auntie Emma arrives back home today.  Tomorrow they  have rented a gorgeous house up the coast for a week and then they will be back in Brisbane for another week before the boys go back to school again.



I've been sitting here thinking about the garden.  We will soon be into July which is time to start pruning my roses so I think I may drag out my garden file today and refresh my memory of what to do.  It's a bit like getting to the end of a quilt and having to do the binding.  It's been a long time since the last time you did it and you always need a refresher.



Papa's arrived back.  He popped into Hanna's to buy a pair of slippers.




  They are short Ugg boots.  Not the best looking things, but he'll only be wearing them at night-time thank goodness.  


Well my dears on that 'cosy' note I shall head off  and put the kettle on for a wee cuppa.

Love Nanxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...