Monday 26 June 2017

MONDAY MORNING 9.26AM

Hello my lovelies

Just had my porridge with full cream milk!

It's a cloudless day today and Papa and I have decided to spend some time in the garden today.  Papa is going to have a look at the bed below our bedroom window.  The Camellia is still flowering but coming to the end of its season and the Salvias which were starting to encompass the house have already been cut back.  I think Papa wants to check the soil, see if it needs topping up and perhaps check the mulch too.

I've decided to do a bit of quilting on my Christmas quilt, go for a walk and then do some gardening.  Spending time doing the quilting first means that I'll have some good exercise after sitting for a while.

On Saturday I was talking to Neville, an elderly neighbour who lives in Allan Street opposite the old church.   He was giving his driveway a wash with a gurney which is a high-pressured hose thing that cleans any oil or stains off the driveway.  When I passed with Molly and Spot, he turned the machine off, leaned against a post and stopped for a chat.  

He is quite friendly with Mary-Kate who lives on the corner of Allan and Hampshire Streets.  She lives in the house with the Jacaranda outside.  The tree that she and the children decorate with things such as beach-balls, flip-flops, sunglasses - anything to do with the beach and Christmas in Australia at Christmas.  Anyway, as you may remember, Mary-Kate has started a street library and Neville was telling me that there was a two page, yes, two page article in The Sydney Morning Herald about street libraries and Mary-Kate's was mentioned in the article.  Mary-Kate's street library is a first for Toowoomba.  Apparently she contacted The Chronicle a while back to see if they would do an article on it, but no, they didn't take up the offer.

Did you know that Street Libraries are now springing up all over the world? 




Here's a link to the article.

Yesterday I went up the road to church.  Papa didn't come as he was feeling a bit under-the-weather.  It was fairly quiet as the State schools are now on holiday and as most of the folk at church are Grannys and Grandpas, I think they must have been off visiting their families and especially their grandchildren.

Here's a link to one of the songs we sang - a beautiful song of worship.

Well my lovelies, I shall away and get this day going.

Love Nanxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...