Thursday 13 July 2017

FAIRHOLME QUILT OR THURSDAY MORNING AT 9.21AM

Hello my lovelies

I am just about to pack my case for our wee trip down to Brisbane.  I can hear Papa in the background getting himself organised.  The dogs are getting mighty excited at the sight of the cases and a trip in the car.  Spotty, especially is mad for going in the car.  When we arrive home with him, trying to get him out is a bit of a carry-on.  Each time we open a door he takes himself off to the other side of the car.

Yesterday was quilting up at Kerrie's.  Because my arm has been very sore, I asked Carol if she could give me a 'friendly' consultation.  Do you remember Carol?  Before she retired she was a fabulous physiotherapist. A bit of alliteration there for you.  Anyway, after having a look at me, and shaking her head and pursing her lips a bit she gave me some exercises to do each day to loosen the muscles in my right arm.  I have been spending too much time quilting without breaks for stretches.  So, I had to put down the needle yesterday but had a wonderful time looking through Kerrie's ABC Gardening magazines.  I took notes of things "to do this month".  Although the magazines were from previous months, I shall put the notes in my relevant 'to do' monthly notes.

Fairholme College are having an anniversary celebration.  Can't remember for what but a quilt is part of the celebrations and Lynne, one of the ladies in the group is making the centre piece with other ladies making blocks to go around.   Here is The Homestead at Fairholme, where the quilt show is held in September.  


And here are a few photographs of Lynne's work to date.






Must run.  PS  The contract is definitely going through for the new house in Brisbane.

Love Nanxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...