Sunday 17 September 2017

PAPA AT WORK ON THE BOTTOM-HALF-OF-THE-DRESSER


Hello there my lovelies!

I just took this photograph from my office window.   

Auntie Emma decided to pass her old dresser on to me as her new house has heaps and heaps of built-in bookshelves and she didn't think she would have a place for it.

We took the top part off and put the two pieces into the back of the car, came home and unloaded into the garage.  As you can see, the top part is still off and Papa has pulled the whole of the bottom half to bits and slowly rebuilt it all.  We have decided just to use the bottom part.  Not quite sure what we'll do with the top part.  Will put that in a basket until we decide.  Papa has taken off the old wire screens that were on each side and will replace them with new screens, similar to this idea.


I think they must have used the screen idea on the sides in the past and perhaps placed foods inside the dresser.  The screens would have helped a breeze keep the food cool.



The drawer has also been taken out and rebuilt as have the two cupboard doors and shelf for inside.

It's going to be so lovely when it's all finished.  Papa is in the process of painting it now.  The colour hasn't come out too well in this photograph.  It is a Porter's colour called Breakwater.  I'm not sure, but I think that may be the colour your Mamma used for your new kitchen in Canberra.

I just Googled the colour.


We are going to put the finished 'bottom-half-of-the dresser' in the kitchen just beside the door to the side verandah.  We also have a lovely painting that Auntie Emma passed on to us which will be above the 'bottom-half-of-the-dresser' and I'm looking forward to placing lots of lovely books, objects and a vase of flowers on top when it's finished.

Love Nanxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...