Monday 18 September 2017

QUILT EXHIBITION AT FAIRHOLME


Hello my lovelies. 

 Papa and I set off nice and early this morning to go to the Quilt Exhibition at Fairholme, the girls' school up the road.  Here's a picture of one of the buildings we passed as we walked through the grounds.  And here is the Homestead in the distance where the quilts were being exhibited.


As I've mentioned before, my friend Lynne who organizes this quilt exhibition does a terrific job not only in the display of the quilts themselves but also with morning, lunch and afternoon tea on the verandah.


Can you see the lovely bunting she has hung all around the verandah?

And here are some of Leona's hand work.  Leona doesn't just quilt.  She also does beautiful cross stitch.

Here are a couple of photographs of her miniature quilts.


I asked Papa to put his finger near the quilt so you get an idea of just how small it is.  It was pinned to a board along with other miniature quilts.  I thought you would especially like this one.


And this one's gorgeous too.


...and some home baking with our morning tea.



I'll put up some more photographs tomorrow.

Love Nanxxx

4 comments:

  1. It looks delightful, Connie. Glad you and David had a delicious morning tea. The exhibit would have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Gerda. Leona is such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...