Tuesday 31 October 2017

LOTS OF LOVELY BIRDS


Hello my lovelies

For my 'quilting' birthday, I requested fabrics with BIRDS.  Here are some of the fabrics I was given.  Aren't they fabby?

Carol came round the other day to give me some ideas of how I can use them.  A great quilt coming up!

I've also started cutting into them (a bit) for a 'Robyn' quilt I'm making.

Here's block number one!





Isn't this one beautiful (above)?  Papa says it is a swallow and its nest.  It's from a Japanese fabric range.


Which is your favourite?

Love Nanxxx

10 comments:

  1. Nanny, I could not decided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liliane - I know what you mean. It's a very hard choice. I just love them all.

      Delete
    2. Hi Liliane
      Gerda mentioned that a couple of my bird fabrics featured artwork similar to that of Charlie Harper. Perhaps you would like to Google Mr Harper and have a look at some of the 'images' which show his work. xxx

      Delete
  2. Love the Charlie Harper styles (swallows and owls). Look forward to seeing the quilt. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Gerda - Charlie Harper? I'll have to look that up - never heard of Charlie Harper. xx

      Delete
    2. Me again Gerda. Just looked Mr Harper up. What a wonderful artist. I shall look at these Charlie Harper birds with a new eye...or perhaps two new eyes :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Connie, Birch fabrics have brought out a quilting fabric with Charlie Harper designs. Also, Beate, the lady you met here at our home in The Bay, has made a vividly coloured book with Charlie Harper bird appliques, and then embellished the page with simple stitching. It looks amazing.

      Delete
    4. If you get a chance Gerda, perhaps you could take a couple of photographs and send them through. Sounds wonderful. xx

      Delete
    5. I will see what I can do! X x

      Delete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...