Thursday 26 October 2017

WASHING THE HOUSE AND PRAYING


Hello there my lovelies

Here's a photograph of Papa taken the other day.  Today, at this moment, he has the gurney going and is washing the northern, western and back deck areas.  I shall move in when he's finished and give the floor a mop and clean the windows.

While he's been directing the powerful gurney hose out the back, I've been sitting at the table doing my Bible Study for Monday.

We are still studying Chronicles which I'm really enjoying - all about Solomon and the Temple.  I love this verse where Solomon prayed to God at the dedication of The Temple after all the building work had been completed.

Then Solomon stood before the alter of the Lord in front of the whole assembly of Israel and spread out his hands.  Now he had made a bronze platform, five cubits long, five cubits wide and three cubits high, and had placed it in the centre of the outer court.  He stood on the platform and then knelt down before the whole assembly of Israel and spread out his hands toward heaven.  He said:

...But will God really dwell on earth with humans?  The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you.  How much less this temple I have built...

What a beautiful verse - and to think that a thousand years later, God did dwell on earth, not only with humans but as a human being.  

We have been loving all the photographs that have been coming through from Italy.  It looks absolutely gorgeous.  What a special time for you all.

Well I must run and see how Papa's going.  I must make sure he doesn't overdo things.  

Love Nanxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...