Sunday 25 March 2018

PALM SUNDAY


Hello my lovelies!

Today is Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter Sunday and the Sunday we remember when Jesus entered Jerusalem to shouts of "Hosanna!" from the crowds.  The crowds were so excited to see Jesus, they waved palm branches as he passed by on the donkey and they laid their clothes on the ground for him as he passed by.

Mark 11:1-11

When they were approaching Jerusalem, at Bethphage and Bethany, near the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples and said to them, “Go into the village ahead of you, and immediately as you enter it, you will find tied there a colt that has never been ridden; untie it and bring it. If anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ just say this, ‘The Lord needs it and will send it back here immediately.’” They went away and found a colt tied near a door, outside in the street. As they were untying it, some of the bystanders said to them, “What are you doing, untying the colt?” They told them what Jesus had said; and they allowed them to take it. Then they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks on it; and he sat on it. Many people spread their cloaks on the road, and others spread leafy branches that they had cut in the fields. Then those who went ahead and those who followed were shouting,
“Hosanna!
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!
Blessed is the coming kingdom of our ancestor David!
Hosanna in the highest heaven!”

We had a lovely service this morning up at the church and I noticed that the organist was wearing a tea shirt which had palms all over it.  I'm not sure she had planned to wear it because if was Palm Sunday or whether she didn't even think about it when she put it on.

After the service, we went into the hall and all shared a yummy lunch together.

Now we're home.  Papa is having a wee snooze in his chair out the back and I'm just about to start a bit of sewing.  I've prepared one of my log cabin quilts for tacking up at Robyn's tomorrow and I just want to check the batting again.  It isn't the normal batting I get and didn't actually fit the quilt top so I had to cut it in half and sew the halves together again in such a way that it made the batting wider.  The batting had to be joined by butting each edge against each other which was difficult to say the least and I just want to double-check it's not coming apart.  I think I'll go over it again with my zig-zag stitch to make sure it holds in place until the quilt is tacked.




Well I shall away and get started.  

Perhaps a cup of tea first!

Love Nanxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...