Thursday 29 March 2018

QUILTING AT KERRIE'S


Hello my lovelies!

Well quilting at Kerrie's began with morning tea and as it was a gorgeous day, we all sat outside.


Did I tell you I have new hearing aids? One in each ear!  At one point I had to say "Would everyone stop shouting!"  Can you believe it?  I can even hear when I have my head down sewing :)   

I managed to finish off all the little bits and pieces that needed to be completed on my Hebridean quilt and it is now up on the wall permanently.

In the evening, I pulled the blue log cabin over and gave some thought as to whether I would quilt it as usual with the small needle or try a different method - with a thick cotton and a longer needle. 



 This makes a longer stitch and after some sewing I think I will go ahead and use this stitch and cotton on the whole quilt.  I think it gives the log cabin a 'rustic' look.  I'm not sure if it's much quicker than sewing with the small needle and waxed quilting cotton as I can only do a couple of stitches at a time.



 Papa has headed up to the church to help continue with the renovation to the floor so that it will support our new grand piano.

There is a working bee up there as well at 3.00pm to prepare the church for the Good Friday service tomorrow.  When Papa and the other men have finished there is always a lot of dust to clean up!

I'm off to have some breakfast, give the place a bit of a tidy and settle down and do some more quilting.

Love Nanxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...