Tuesday 30 May 2017

COLD WEATHER, ZERUBBABEL, SPOT AND A BUS TRIP

Hello my lovelies

It's freezing here today.  I think it's around seven degrees but is supposed to reach around the nineteen degree mark sometime today before plunging again late afternoon.

Yesterday was my Bible Study up at the church where Simone, the minister's wife leads a weekly study.  I think I've already mentioned that we have been studying the books of Haggai and Zechariah this term.  We're just about finished them - two more weeks to go and then it's the end of term and something new to start studying next term.

It was quite a small group yesterday which was lovely as often when the group is small, folk aren't so shy about speaking out and sharing what they think or feel about particular passages we are studying and how these passages apply to our daily lives.

One of the people who features quite strongly in Zechariah is a fellow called Zerubbabel.  It looks as though names beginning with 'Z' were quite popular around that time!  Anyway, one of the encouragements  I received from the study was that we all face challenges in the life and work God has called us to do.  These may be major obstacles or doubt over our abilities.  God's encouragement to Zerubbabel also applies to us:  'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord.  God simply asks us to be faithful in whatever he calls us to do, big or small.  I think this is amazing.  It's not our own strength, our own abilities, our own knowledge, but by his Spirit.  We ask him to help us through our days and we trust Him to give us His power and His Spirit to do this.

Papa has gone off with wee Spotty to the vet.  While we were watching television last night I noticed he had a very sore foot.  He's obviously licked all the fur off over the past few days without us noticing.  While he's at the vet, Papa has also arranged for his fur to be trimmed near his bottom.  He has a gorgeous little skirt but it's not the best for toilet issues.


Here's an old photograph of Spot and Molly and wee Dougie peeping out behind Molly.

I'm just finishing off my breakfast and then I'm going to head into the bedroom to pack my wee suitcase for a bus trip down to Brisbane.  The dogs will not be happy.  The two of them plonk themselves on to the bed and watch with trepidation as each item is put into the suitcase.  Papa usually bundles them into the car when he drops me off at the bus station so they have a wee trip out to compensate.

Well must away and get myself organised.

Love Nanxxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...