Sunday 4 June 2017

BRISBANE, ZADIE SMITH AND SUNDAY LUNCH

Hello my lovelies

Well, I'm back up the hill and into my cosy clothes.  It is FREEZING here!

I arrived back home late Friday afternoon and the first thing I did was have a long, long shower and get into the lovely pyjamas Auntie Emma gave me for Mother's Day.  Then I slipped on the gorgeous pink, soft bed socks and made my way down the hall to the kitchen where Papa had a G&T sitting on the table waiting for me!

Yesterday was a quiet day.  I had grand ideas of all the things I was going to do but in the end I just pottered and finished a great book I was reading.  Papa kept up the cups of tea and between us both we had lovely view of the garden as we periodically got up to move our chairs back into the sun.

The book I was reading was by an English author called Zadie Smith.  Here's a photograph of her and a link to the book which was called SWING TIME.  Mummy might like to get a copy.  She would really enjoy it.


I had a lovely visit down to Brisbane.  It is much warmer than here and because I had only packed warm clothes, I had to borrow something from Auntie Emma.  On Friday, we went for a fabulous walk in Southbank.





I love these deckchairs which are scattered around Southbank for visitors to sit on.


I didn't have a close look at this statue to see who it was but I just loved the blue heeler by the man's side.

Today Papa and I are going to have a relaxing morning and then at lunch-time we have been invited to our friends Don and Jenny for lunch.  They have recently moved to a rental property at Kleinton which is a bit further out that Cabarlah so it will be nice to have a wee nose in a new home.

They are in the process of building a fab new home in Cabarlah.  We may, after lunch take a drive out to see how that one is going.

Well my darlings I shall away and perhaps speak to you both later.

Love Nanxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...