Tuesday 20 June 2017

FORTY EIGHT YEARS AND A VERY, VERY WET BATHROOM


Well!  The day began with me opening my eyes and finding a lovely gift lying on my pillow.  Papa had remembered!   In the envelope was the most beautiful card and when I opened the little package, inside was a gorgeous brooch.  Papa bought it at the art gallery shop here in Toowoomba.  The brooch is a circle covered in what looks like black linen which has been painted with a beautiful grey leaf.  

While I was thinking about what a lovely man your Papa is, he came running out of the bathroom where he had been shaving and shouted "Connie!  You must come now Connie!"   I leapt out of bed and ran to the bathroom to find water pouring out of the cupboard.  "We've got a burst pipe." shouted Papa.  "Hang on!" I said, and ran down to the laundry to grab some old towels.  Ran back to the bathroom and Papa ran to turn off the water outside.  What a mess it all was!  There was water absolutely everywhere.  In all the cupboards and in all the drawers.  I took everything out the washbasket and all the towels and dumped the lot in the bath and then proceeded to empty all the cupboards.  Needless to say, all the tablets had to come out of their packets as the packets were just sodden.  I've now got all the towels in the washing machine on the spin cycle.  

Thank goodness we were here.  I'm heading to Brisbane today and Papa's travelling down tomorrow.  Imagine if this had happened while we were away.  Papa said that all our lovely floors would have been ruined.

We're just waiting for the plumber to come now!

And some photographs of the happy couple!  Wedding, young parents and older folk!





The last photograph is with dear Anny and Adrian who were married on exactly the same day but a few miles east in Holland.  Happy Anniversary dear friends!

Love Nanxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...