Thursday 20 July 2017

QUILTING IN UMBRIA AND TOOWOOMBA


Hello my lovelies

I just love this photograph of your Mumma.  She looks so relaxed.  I'm wondering how she is quilting this beautiful cloth.  Has she put in batting and a backing piece of material?

It was a leggings, fleece and beanie walk today but lovely and sunny.  I noticed lots of signs of Spring in the gardens I passed, especially Jasmine which seems to be hanging over every garden fence.

Papa has headed off to his archaeology class and I'm about to have breakfast and have a think about what is on my list for today.  One of the things will be to make the binding for my Christmas quilt.  I pulled out some green bits and pieces yesterday and they are lying beside the machine ready to experience a metamorphosis and become the finished edge to a quilt that will be brought out each year at Christmas.  Aren't they lucky bits and pieces?

Love Nanxxx

2 comments:

  1. Yes I'm sure they are very lucky. The picture of Mumma was taken by me from the garden looking at her. She looked so pretty quilting in the sunlight and yes the quilt has backing and batting. And the top of it was given to her by Opa. He bought it in an Eastern European country - one of the stahns! It will look lovely hanging in our sunny new house back in Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there LiliyPiliy - I didn't know you had taken the picture. What a great one it is. I just love it and show it to all my quilting friends. I remember looking at the top and showing it to my quilting friends who loved all the embroidery that had been done on it. I imagine Mumma is quilting all around the embroidery. No an easy one to quilt, but I'm sure it will be gorgeous when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...