Saturday 19 August 2017

IT'S SO COLD HERE!

Hello my lovelies

The wind is howling outside which isn't unusual for August.  It seems to be a month where the westerlies batter us and make the ground even dryer than it already is.  Papa has been moving some plants around the garden for me and while he was giving them lots of water to help them settle into the ground, he decided it would probably be better to water the whole garden while he was at it.  That was last week and by the look of the weather forecast he will have to get the hoses out again real soon.

I'm sitting here with four layers on plus my Ugg boots and I still feel cold.  My office isn't the best place to be on a cold day.  The heating is on in the kitchen and I've succumbed to putting on the gas fire in the lounge.  Tomorrow the wind is supposed to die down and the days to follow are warming up again.

I arrived back home from Brisbane on Thursday evening.  Papa came down to pick me up so we travelled home together.    Here are a couple of photographs from my Brisbane sojourn.


As you can see, Fergus loves using the IPad.  He came to me and whispered "Can I have the IPad?" as he knows he's not allowed the IPad willy nilly.  "Pardon?" I said.  And again he whispered....  He's allowed it for a treat after lunch so I said to him, "You can have the IPad after lunch Fergus."  He then asked for a sandwich which I made for him not realizing that he thought if he ate his sandwich that would be lunch and he could have the IPad.  The wee man ate his sandwich and then asked for the IPad again and I pointed to my watch and said, "It's not lunchtime yet!"  Life can be very confusing when you are four.


Here he is playing with his Lego.  Can you see his 'cones' for when he makes his building sites.  I imagine Auntie Emma took him for his favourite shopping expedition at Bunnings to buy them.

Well my dears I'm heading into the lounge and some heat to do some more sewing on my log cabin blocks.  Looking forward to hearing how you are both going and how the vacation classes have been going.

Love Nanxxx

4 comments:

  1. That story about Fergusis very sweet. Today we walked up a mountain with Marriane and Bruce, Bruce took lots of photos and so did Daddy. So will get somebody to send you the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also made a fire at the bottom of the mountain for it was getting chilly. I am now having a cupa and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you my darling! It is 6.30am where you are and I imagine you are still tucked up warmly in your wee bed and that you are fast asleep. I, on the other hand, on the other side of the world, am waiting for your telephone call :)

    ReplyDelete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...