Thursday 10 August 2017

LOG CABIN OR THURSDAY MORNING 9.31AM


Hello my lovelies!

I thought I would show you a couple of quilts off the Internet featuring the Log Cabin block.  Can you see how dark and light fabrics have been used here?  If you look back at my post from yesterday, you will see that I have done the same with my block.  When you see blocks put together, you can see the different effects they can make.

The amazing thing about this block, especially when dark and light fabrics are used is that you can make all sorts of designs.  Here's a different design using the same block.


and...


and again...


If you let your eyes drift on this last photograph, can you see the imperfect circle?

When next we meet, we are going to have fun when we pull out the cutting mat, the cutting wheel, the materials and the sewing machine.  Woo! hoo!

I took my first block to show the ladies at quilting yesterday.  They just loved it, especially Carol who loves all things blue.  I think my block has got her all inspired to make a Log Cabin quilt for herself.  She has suggested we get together and spend the day making Log Cabin blocks.  Another Woo! hoo!

Love Nanxx  PS  Auntie Emma and Fergus have been most unwell.  I spoke to Auntie Emma this morning and she has just about lost her voice.  She and Fergus are going to the Doctor today and will perhaps catch the bus up the hill and spend some time sitting in the sun on our side verandah.  Sounds like a good plan.

2 comments:

  1. Yes that will be fun lots of different colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't got together yet. She's up north at a place called 1770 where she and her husband have a holiday shack. Once she gets back, we'll make a time to get together and I'll send you a photograph. xxx

      Delete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...