Saturday 12 August 2017

THINKING ABOUT LIVING WATER ON SATURDAY MORNING 9.34AM

Hello my lovelies


I've been sitting here doing my Bible Study for Monday.  One of the questions was to do with 'living water.'  

Here's the verse to do with the question.  It's from John 7: 37-38.

"On the final climatic day of the Feast, Jesus took his stand.  He cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.  Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way, just as the Scripture says..."

Well, I had to put my pen down and have a think.  What could he mean 'rivers of living water'?  Think Connie, think, I said to myself.  I took my pen and started writing different words to bring more meaning to the verse.  Rivers, flowing, full of life, thirst quenching, life giving, cleansing...

After giving this some thought, I looked at my notes and was amazed to read that when Jesus stood up and said these words, it was the eighth day of a festival called The Feast of the Tabernacles.  On that day, the people prayed for God to send the first rains of the new season.  

Imagine that!  And Jesus standing up and saying to everyone, "Come to Me and you will never thirst".

Amazing!  So, every time you have a drink of water, remember what Jesus said on the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles.

Love Nanxxx

2 comments:

  1. I will ask you when you get home again. "Liliane!", I'll say. "What happend on the eight day of the Feast of Tabernacles?"
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

TUESDAY MORNING AT 9.42AM

Hello my lovelies! Here are Wayne and Papa leaving for Geham to put the cross up.  Can you see wee Molly and Spotty Boy looking u...